WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
Risted will never sell, rent or share your personal info with a 3rd party, especially your email addresses, without your permission, unless required by law. Never ever, ever!
• What information RISTED gathers from users of our Websites.
• How RISTED uses the personal information that you share with us and that we learn about you because of our relationship.
• How RISTED uses “cookies” and “IP Addresses.”
• What personal information, if any, RISTED may share about you with others and the conditions that protect your information if it must be shared.
• What kind of security measures RISTED takes to protect your information from loss or disclosure and how RISTED will inform you in the event of a security breach.
• Other things you should know about privacy and RISTED.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
RISTED collects information that you provide to us or that we learn about you from your use of our Website. We receive and store information you enter on our Website or give to us in any other way. For example, you may provide information to us when you register with our Website, sign-in, search, add items to your shopping cart, pay for an item, participate in a survey, contest or promotion, request to receive our marketing materials, or communicate with RISTED’s customer service. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, phone number, email address, payment card information, and personal shopping and product preferences.
We also automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you visit our Website. We might also receive information about you from other sources, such as in providing you special offers that we think will be of interest, and we may add that information to our account information.
WHAT THE DATA WILL BE USED FOR?
We use information we have collected about you to provide you with the very best shopping experience. If you participate in a survey, contest, or promotional event, we use the information you provide to improve our services and determine your eligibility for any rewards. We do not sell your personal information to third parties for any reason. We do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties, or to our affiliates, who may want to offer you their own products and services unless you have requested or authorized us to do so.
We may share your personal information with third parties or affiliates of RISTED where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction you authorized or perform some other activity you have asked us to do.
We may share your personal information with third parties or affiliates of RISTED with whom we have contracted to perform services on our behalf. All companies that act on our behalf are contractually obligated to keep the personal information we provide to them confidential and to use the personal information we share only to provide the services we ask them to perform.
We may disclose personal information about our customers as permitted or required by law, such as in connection with a subpoena or similar legal process, or in connection with a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy. We may disclose information about you to protect against fraud and other crimes and to enforce our contracts with you.
We try to provide you with the information you need to make informed reasonable choices with respect to how our Websites uses or shares your information. RISTED collects and uses personal information from you in several ways:
• Website usage. RISTED or RISTED’s authorized service providers may observe activities, preferences and transactional data (such as your IP address, browser type and operating system) relating to your use of our Websites. We may use this collected or logged information in order to provide better service, to facilitate our customers’ use of the website, to track usage of the website, and to address security hazards. RISTED, or one of RISTED’s authorized service providers, may use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout our Websites for RISTED’s internal analysis.
• Online Transactions. We collect information about you when you shop on our website. You may visit our site without registering, but if you wish to add merchandise to your shopping cart, create a wish list or use other special features offered on our site, you will need to provide us with certain information, including your name, address, phone number and email address, to open an account with us. We will assist you in creating a user id and a password to protect your account information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH OTHERS?
One of the purposes for which we may disclose your address and zip code details is to check against the IMRG Security Alert or any other Fraud Prevention Scheme. We may also disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
OUR SECURITY PRACTICES
Our internal data security policies restrict access to customers’ personal information to authorized employees. Authorized employees may use our customers’ personal information for RISTED business purposes only. Our employees are bound by RISTED policies that require them to maintain the confidentiality of our customers’ personal information. Employees who violate these requirements are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that are designed to guard our customers’ personal information. For example, for the security of your online visit to our Website, we may make use of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and/or authentication procedures. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, RISTED cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. In the event of a breach of the confidentiality or security of your personal information, we will notify you as necessary and to the extent possible so you can take appropriate protective steps. Unless you indicate otherwise, we may notify you under such circumstances using the email address you provided to us when you registered with our Website.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN ON OUR WEBSITE
Our Website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect any information from any person below the age of 13.
MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS & BANKRUPTCY
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW ABOUT MY PRIVACY?
You should be careful to maintain the secrecy of your passwords and/or account information and be responsible about protecting your personal information and identity whenever you are online.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
• For technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
• To distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) when you return to visit this website;
• To collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns; and
• To enable us to fulfill our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Some cookies may be set by third parties when you visit this website. These third parties may be suppliers who partner with us to deliver our website, companies that participate with us in affiliate marketing programs and other third parties. These cookies are controlled by the third parties, so please check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies and how to manage them. These third party cookies do not collect personal data from which the third party would be able to identify individual customers.
If you ‘share’ Risted.com content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook, Google and Twitter – you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
We may display video content on Risted.com using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to improve your experience as a user. If you wish to disable or delete a Flash cookie, please visit Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings. Please bear in mind that if you disable Flash cookies you will be unable to access certain content on our website which uses Adobe Flash Player, such as videos.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
You can enable or disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to accept or reject cookies as required. How to do this will depend on the browser you use. Please check which browser you use and how to manage cookies. If cookies are not enabled on your computer, your activities will be restricted to browsing this website and you will not be able to add products to your shopping cart and buy them.